Vehicle Service Contracts
Across The United States
Has your Vehicle Service Contract Expired?
You Could Still Keep Your Vehicle Protected
UBEEPUS is a Corporation that sells an easily understood and conveniently obtained extended Vehicle Service Contract that covers vehicle breakdowns to consumers and car dealers.
The program is underwritten by Prime Auto Care Inc. which is based out of Pennsylvania. UBEEPUS sells 4 Vehicle Service Contracts to consumers and car dealers for new and used motor vehicles that have traveled a distance less than 150000 miles as indicated by the motor vehicle’s odometer.
If a motor vehicle has a mechanical or component failure and is covered under a Vehicle Service Contract, then the motor vehicle part is either repaired or replaced, depending on the type of coverage that has been contracted for or by the consumer.
We also have another plan which is our Exclusionary plan that virtually covers all manufactured installed components and for further details contact us directly. Nationwide Coverage is effective wherever you travel and repairs can be done at any authorized repair facility in the United States.
Why Buy A UBEEPUS Vehicle Service Contract?
Zero percent financing for 2 to 3 years • Zero taxes for U.S. buyers • Save up to 60 percent off Dealership Prices • Up to 30 Percent lower than the competition • Backed by Prime Auto Care Inc.
UBEEPUS is a company that sells easily understood and conveniently obtained Vehicle Service Contracts to consumers. What separates us from the rest? Quality service! With our wide range of auto services, we provide invaluable and affordable mechanical breakdown protection on most automobile makes and models. The program is underwritten by Prime Auto Care Inc. The unique value proposition is that our prices allow the consumer to save up to 60% off dealership prices with no vehicle inspection required. Furthermore, we offer customers zero percent financing for up to 2 years for customers who qualify.
UBEEPUS’S competitive advantage statement is its association with Prime Auto Care Inc, providing the consumer with a reputable well defined and viable product. With increased repair costs (a major factor in household budgets) and with the cost of new motor vehicles in the United States breaking the $32,000 dollar barrier, used motor vehicle sales are dramatically on the increase. Consumers will be keeping their motor vehicles for a longer period of time and will gravitate to the comfort of having a reputable Vehicle Service Contract, as the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) coverage expires. This product is available to owners of new and used motor vehicles. There is a need in the market for a reputable service provider to compete with the offerings of new motor dealers and manufacturers.
PEACE OF MIND PROTECTION
Protect Yourself Against Costly Car Repairs
UBEEPUS HAS 4 EXCITING Vehicle Service Contract plans to choose from. These 4 plans are Visionary, Select, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain.
- Cylinder block, heads and internally lubricated parts
- Intake and exhaust manifolds
- Oil pan
- Timing drive components
- Valve covers
- Factory installed supercharger/turbocharger
- TB/SC waste gate and control module
- SEALS & GASKETS
- Leaking lubricants or coolanT (1)
- Case and internally lubricated parts
- Torque convertor and housing
- Internal switches / solenoids / sensors
- Factory control modules
- External solenoid pack and sensors
- Case and internally lubricated parts
- Drive shaft and universal joints
- Axle shafts
- Wheel bearings
- TRANSFER CASE
- Case and internal parts
- BRAKES inc. ABS COMPONENTS
- Except linings, pads, rotors and drums
- Steering gear
- Rack and pinion assembly
- PS pump (electric or engine driven)
- Steering shaft and couplers
- Power steering cooler and lines
- Front or rear springs if broken
- Control arms and control arm bushings
- Upper and lower ball joints
- Control arm shafts
- Radius arms and bushings
- Stabilizer bar
- Stabilizer links and bushings
- Wheel hub assemblies
- Torsion bars
- Front or rear wheel bearings
- Alternator/ voltage regulator
- Electric door lock actuators
- Alternator/ voltage regulator
- Front or rear wiper motors
- Power window motors and regulators
- Starter motor & solenoid
- Convertible top motors or actuators
- Power trunk release
- Power tailgate release
- Hatch and side door motors/actuators
- Remote door lock receivers
- Wiring harnesses
- Ignition cylinder lock
- Driver information guages
- Power seat motors
- All manually operated switches
- Primary water pump
- Fan and fan clutch
- Primary electric fan motor
- Fan control module
- Heater fan motor
- Heater control module
- Heater coolant pump
- Coolant heater control valves or solenoids
- Dash control unit and module
- All sensors (2)
- AIR CONDITIONING—FACTORY SYSTEMS
- AC clutch & coil
- Aux condenser fan and motor
- Clutch, clutch coil and clutch bearing
- AC dash control and modules
- Orifice Tube
- FUEL SYSTEM
- Primary fuel pump
- Secondary fuel pump
- Fuel injectors
- Fuel rails
- Fuel pressure regulator
- Factory fuel control module
- DIAGNOSTIC CHARGES
- The lesser of 2 hours labor or $100
POWER TRAIN +
* Check marks on the table indicate the service is included in the plan while cross marks indicate the service is not included in the plan.
TRIP INTERRUPTION: In the event of a mechanical breakdown of a covered component or part, Administrator will REIMBURSE Agreement Holder a maximum of seventy five ($75.00) dollars per day, not to exceed a total of two hundred twenty five ($225.00) dollars up to three days (3), for expenses incurred by Agreement Holder for meals and/or lodging, provided: Agreement Holder cannot operate Agreement Holder’s Vehicle due to a mechanical breakdown covered by this Agreement and are more than 100 miles away from home, and expenses are incurred between the time of breakdown and the time repairs are completed. (The date of breakdown shall be considered the first day.) One day’s trip interruption expense shall be allowed for each eight hours, or portion thereof, of required manual flat-rate labor time. A detailed receipt must be submitted to Administrator before reimbursement will be made. For further details For exact terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and extensions, please refer to our membership handbook.
VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACT - FAQ's
VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACT - FAQ's
Filing a Claim - If Your Vehicle incurs a Mechanical Breakdown, You must take the following steps to file a claim:
- Prevent Further Damage – Take immediate action to protect Your Vehicle from further damage. Your Contract will not cover the damage caused by not securing a timely repair when a Mechanical Breakdown has occurred. You are responsible for observing Your Vehicle warning lights and gauges, and taking appropriate action immediately to prevent further damage. Failure to do so may result in the denial or the limitation of Coverage.
- Take Your Vehicle to any licensed Repair Facility. Your Vehicle must be at a Repair Facility for a claim to be opened. If You need assistance in locating a Repair Facility, contact the Administrator at 1-800-292-3555.
- Provide Repair Facility with a copy of Your Contract and/or Your Contract Number.
- Prior Approval – Prior to any repair being made, have the Repair Facility to contact the Administrator with the estimate of repairs containing both parts and labor, and to obtain an authorization for the claim. The Administrator can be contacted Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST at 1-800-292-3555. Emergency repairs, done outside of working hours, may be submitted to Customer Service with a letter of explanation for payment consideration. If it is determined that a covered component has failed and the estimate for the repair is agreed upon by our adjuster, an authorization number will be issued by the Administrator. The amount authorized by the Administrator is the maximum amount that will be paid for repairs covered under the terms of this Contract. No repairs are to be made on Your Vehicle until an authorization number is issued by the Administrator. Any claim for repairs without prior authorization will not be covered.
- Authorize Tear-Down - Authorize the Repair Facility to perform necessary diagnostic work and provide “teardown” authorization so that the Repair Facility can provide accurate diagnosis and estimate of repairs.
- Allow the Administrator to inspect Your Vehicle prior to any repairs being made.
- After investigating Your Vehicle’s component failure, in case of a discrepancy in findings, the Administrator reserves the right to have repairs done at a location other than the one you have selected.
- Payment of Claims - To obtain payment for a covered repair You, or the Repair Facility must submit a legible copy or original repair order to the Administrator. Repair orders must be readable and understandable, and contain the following information: Repair Facility name, address and phone number, Your name, address and phone number, repair diagnosis, parts and labor hours, authorization number, vehicle identification number, vehicle mileage, year, make and model. Authorization number issued by the Administrator must appear on all receipts submitted for reimbursement. No invoices will be processed without a valid authorization number. Once authorization is obtained, and the repair is completed, all repair orders and documentation must be submitted to the Administrator within 180 days to be eligible for payment.
How This Service Contract May Be Canceled - Including Refunds And Charges
Cancellation By You - You may cancel this Service Contract at any time. To cancel, You must submit a written request and return the Service Contract to the Administrator. If You cancel this Service Contract within thirty (30) days of the Service Contract Purchase Date, a 100% refund of the Service Contract Price will be made, less any claims paid. All refunds will be paid to the Lienholder, if any, otherwise to You.
Cancellation By Us - We may cancel this Service Contract for any reason within ninety (90) days of the Service Contract Purchase Date or any time with just cause (unless otherwise as indicated by Your state, within the State Amendment section), including:
- If there has been a material misrepresentation or fraud;
- If You have failed to maintain Your Vehicle as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- If Your Vehicle’s odometer is inoperative, inaccurate, or has been altered and You have failed to repair the odometer;
- If You do not pay the Service Contract Price.
- If You use Your Vehicle in any manner not covered by this Service Contract; or
- If Your Vehicle has a salvage title.
If We cancel this Service Contract, We will mail You written notice prior to cancellation. A pro-rata refund of the unused Months will be made. The pro-rata refund will be calculated by multiplying the Service Contract Price by the percentage of the unused Months compared to the total Months of Your Service Contract Period. All refunds will be paid to the Lienholder if any, otherwise to You.
Cancellation By Lienholder - If this Service Contract is financed, the Lienholder (shown on the front of the Service Contract) may cancel the Service Contract in the event You default in Your obligation to such Lienholder or in the event Your Vehicle is declared a total loss or is repossessed.
Claims & Support
If you purchased a Vehicle Service Contract for your car and have a question regarding your Vehicle Service Contract or need to make a change to your mailing address please call:
Prime Auto Care Inc.
or send an email to email@example.com
In the event of a claim, please call, email or fax to the following:
Please note Primes business hours of operation are from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday EST.
Should an emergency occur which requires a breakdown repair to be made at a time when the office is closed, you must call 1.800.292.3555 within three (3) business days from the date of breakdown to determine if such repair will be covered. If covered, you will be reimbursed for the cost of repair.